Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Knitting club goes on a field trip

My knitting girlfriends and I visited the Rowan store
for a "field trip" at their knit cafe. It's not a big store, but lots of light from the big windows and yummy yarns and cute FOs on display in the window. I finished up my green garter stitch baby bib, and sewed up the sides of the baby sweater at the knit cafe. Only the sleeves left to sew up!

I am really liking the short needles that I'm using to knit the bibs. Perfect length to knit on the subway! I have named them my commute needles.

Meanwhile, I have cast on the yellow bib in seed stitch on Friday and finished it on Tuesday, and cast on a purple bib today. Notice the yellow one is smaller since it was done in seed stitch although I cast on 40 stitches for both. Will post on the MDKAL after I find some cute buttons.




And at home, I cast on a white linen/cotton blend yarn for the Moss Grid Hand Towel from Mason-Dixon Knitting. And I got new circular needles for the yoga mat bag. So much easier than dpns! I don't know why I didn't buy them earlier. So working on 3 projects at the same time: bib on commute, towel and yoga mat bag at home.







I baked these Earl Grey cookies for the first time. They have Earl Grey tea leaves grounded into powder and the tea in them, as well as a tea icing on top. Oh well, I learned one thing. Taking appetizing photos of a brown cookie is very very hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home