Saturday, August 19, 2006

Moss Grid Hand Towel and financiers

I finally finished the Hand Towel from the Mason Dixon book. I used a cotton/linen blend instead of the Euroflax called for in the book. This is its pre-washed state.

I'm very curious how it will change after washing, and how absorbent it will be.
It took me forever to memorize the pattern, but it was pretty interesting. I might knit it again.


I baked some financiers today. I don't have the rectangle shapes, so I made them into little hearts. Very crunchy on the outside, moist on the inside!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooooh, they look yummy!

10:59 PM  
Blogger Kathy in DC said...

Hi, Tokyo Knitter, it's me again, from D.C. Would love to see the towels later if blogger will cooperate. I always have trouble loading photos. But. The cookies look super-yummy.

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I`ve started the moss grid towel myself from some cotton/linen I have on hand.... I finished a bib yesterday with some PEACHES & CREME I picked up while I was in the states. I just ordered A WHOLE BUNCH of cotton from elmore-pisgah (the people who make peaches and creme) they are sending it by boat and I hope I don`t get stuck with some customs duty.

How did your towel wash up, by the way....

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home