Friday, June 16, 2006

The finished watermelon hat


Today's Show & Tell: This is my watermelon hat.
My mommy made it for me.

DS finally brought it home today after what seemed to be a very short Show & Tell, so here it is!
It's a little hard to tell from this picture, but I did 3 seeds in white, and rest are black.

My Umeshu is coming along just fine.
Here is what they look like after exactly one week.
All of the sugar has dissolved, but the one with honey still looks kind of murky.
At first, I thought the containers were too large, but boy, was I wrong.
So much of the juices have come out of the plums and there is now much more liquid than I started with.
The umeshu takes 3 months before it is drinkable, and aging it for a year or two makes it better.

The syrup only takes a month.
So vinzoo, you gotta wait until mid-September!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love that hat! So much fun! : )

11:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The hat looks wonderful! Great job.

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw someone with the same exact watermelon hat (and assorted canteen cover - I thnk)in the street the other day!!!!!

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The hat is very cute.

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home