Monday, September 18, 2006

Big progress on the Rowan baby blankie


I finished my 2 strips of the baby blankie, and sewed them together. The trimming is a pattern of 12 rows, and I am starting to wonder how many repeats it will take to go around the whole thing. It took me 7 minutes to do one repeat, and it is now about as long as the height of the strip. It hasn't been sewed on yet, I just put it on top for the photo. I switched to circular needles, and things are going a little faster now. Clover Bamboo Takumi Japanese size 10.

The wrong side is not very pretty, and a fabric lining would make it very nice. But it is fairly large and I'm not sure how much heavier it will be if we add a lining to it.

Even though it's only 2 strips out of 7, now that it's sewn together, it looks and feels more like a blankie now!

2 Comments:

Anonymous your sis said...

cute blankie!

10:53 PM  
Anonymous sawachan said...

hi there - I am now officially out of the dark orange. but just one more square to go!

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home