Sunday, June 18, 2006

In the news

It seems there was an article about the Knitting World Cup in the Houston Chronicle!
Although I am not named in it or anything, I feel like I was, since it does mention Japanese bloggers. :)

While browing knit blogs, I stumbled upon this, and when I showed it to my little man, of course his eyes lit up, and so I have started on Mr. Stegs with the pattern from Xtreme Knitting.
The green yarn called for in the pattern is exactly the same yarn from the watermelon hat, so I didn't even bother to make a swatch, and I am almost done with the body.
The knitting looks easy, but I think I will hate sewing everything together...

MIL was very pleased with the dishcloth.
I hope she uses it, because she kept saying it was mottainai.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello again tokyo knitter. did you see that jacket on mason dixon today??? it is so cool!!! and looks so "kimono" like. I wonder if it`s a SUPER challenge or a minimal challenge to make. I would love a jacket like that!!! WHat do you think????

6:20 PM  
Blogger Tokyo Knitter said...

hello jan in nagasaki! yes, i did see that jacket! it doesn't look that difficult, but a REAL pain to sew all the squares together! unless the whole thing is knitted from the bottom up, which i have no idea... if that's the case, i guess you really need to figure out the pattern before you start knitting. have you made anything from the MDK book? would love to see a post with your FO!

8:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

alas, but I have no digital camera and no way to scan pictures. I am also a quilter and wanted to share pictures of my latest quilt, I had to take pictures, develop them, make copies and mail them out.

The pattern for the jacket seems to be about $20.00. I looked around a bit. I would imagine that the yarn would cost a pretty penny, too. I read a comment that it is knitting 3 different sized squares but knitting them together as you go on 3 mm needles. Very little seam work, it seems.

I myself have knit DOZENS of hats. I make dozens of little stockings that I mail out each december (send me your address!!!) and lately I`m knitting mojo bags with embroidery floss. My sister turned me on to dish rags and I found lots of patterns on the internet. Actually, the books (masondixon and yarn harlot) are waiting patiently at my mother`s house for me to see and pick up when I visit (the states) in July. I have odered several others and have forgotten exactly what is there.

I have started 3 sweaters in my life and have not finished one.

I made about 10 bath mats years ago on huge needles using t-shirts I had cut into strips. I see that mason dixon does that too!!!!!!

8:32 PM  
Blogger Tokyo Knitter said...

jan in nagasaki,
$20 for a pattern seems a bit much! i am sure you will LOVE the mason dixon book as well as the yarn harlot. have a safe trip to the u.s. and enjoy your vacation!

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home