Sunday, November 26, 2006

My first pair of socks

I finished my first pair of socks for my Cutie!
From Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch, these are a 4-stitch Garter Rib, knit down from the cuff.
It is a great book, with all the information necessary for a beginner to knit a sock, and told me exactly what to do.
It has patterns for many socks, rated Easy, Intermediate, and Experienced.
I started with the first Easy one, and am thinking of working my way up to Experienced.
Of course, Hubbo likes the big green sock on the cover.
Obviously an Experienced sock.
And like father like son, Cutie wants me to knit him "the No. 3 sock", meaning the black and white Maze sock on the cover, the third one from the left. Also an Experienced sock.
I told them they need to be patient with me while I learn more sock knitting skills!

2 Comments:

Blogger snowdrop said...

I love your blog! Nice to read about Japan... Your first socks look great! I'd like to knit the socks from the cover of Sensational Knitted Socks, too... But as of yet, I'm still afraid! Soon...

11:47 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

First socks are always a thrill. I still look at mine in wonder - even though I've knit several since...you did great on them...and you'll be knitting those experienced socks sooner than you think.

3:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home