Saturday, November 18, 2006

The tooth fairy left 100 yen (about 85 cents)

The highlight of Cutie's last weekend was that he lost his first tooth. He was VERY happy, since most of his friends have already lost a tooth or two. After I took this picture, he immediately asked me to "put it on the blog". He seems to enjoy seeing pictures of himself on the computer.
I thought about how long it has been since the last benchmark of him growing up. In the first 2 years of a child's life, so much goes on: they sit, they crawl, they eat, they walk, they talk, they start potty training. But I realized that it had been a long time since such a big parenting event had happened. He started kindergarten in September, but it didn't feel like such a big deal since he had been going to the same preschool everyday for the previous year, and everyday life didn't change at all.

He modeled his first sock for me last night, while watching Gatten, one of his favorite shows on NHK. He showed an amazing level of concentration watching the show, which was about how to make delicious egg custard. You will probably be seeing the photos pretty soon.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yup. my kids get a hundred yen too.

last year my daughter came home with a tooth wrapped up in a kleenex and said..."kanami chan wants me to leave this for the tooth fairy....." smart thinking... japanese kids don`t get money when their tooth falls out..... I said that the tooth fairy only goes to the house of the kid that loses the tooth...

cultural differences.

8:21 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

They always look so cute when they lose their first tooth...he is adorable...

2:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cutie! I remember losing my first tooth...I think I got a couple bucks from the tooth fairy. The socks look great by the way, I love the stitch pattern!

8:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

:)

2:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home