Friday, July 07, 2006

Finger knitting



After months of watching Mommy knit on the sofa, on the bed, in the train, and at the cafe, something must have rubbed off, and my Little Man said, "Can I knit too? Will you help me?"

Sure ya can! So yesterday, we went to the LYS (Local Yarn Shop) together and he picked out red, green, and white yarns because he wants to make, get this, a BATHMAT of the ITALIAN FLAG! What a great first project is all I can say.

He wanted to start with the red yarn. I got him a little book of finger knitting for kids, and followed the directions from that with the yarn on his left hand. But he is left-handed, so after a couple of rows, we started over on his right hand so he could knit with his left hand. His eyes lit up when he ripped away his work. He showed an amazing level of concentration, and look how proud he is of his progress!

And how coincidental that there was a feature article on Knitty about finger knitting?

1 Comments:

Blogger Lauri said...

Hi! In reference to your question in the comments on my blog about the KnitLights. I've only had them for a few days.
I like them! They are pretty fun to knit with. I bought the size 6s. They have a nice smooth join from the tip to the main needle - no problem with snags so far. I haven't knitted in total dark with them yet. But I think that the light would be bright enough.

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home